We’ve merged! The Land Trust of Danbury and the New Fairfield Land Trust is now the Candlewood Valley Regional Land Trust.
We are in the process of updating this and the New Fairfield Land Trust web sites. Below are some of the many benefits to this merger include:
- A greater capacity to protect our properties in perpetuity, with more collective resources, including funding, membership, and volunteers.
- The ability to reach more people and excite them about the land.
- An enhanced means of connecting people with the land with greater natural diversity, including trails as well as land which is protected in its pristine state.
- A stronger ability to steward and monitor our collective properties with more volunteers to serve as land monitors.
- The ability to build stronger education programs with our joint initiatives.
With this merger we will have 38 joint properties under protection which represents approximately 420 acres, strengthening both of our land trusts.